Monday 2 January 2012

Home-made Christmas

This year my sister and step-sister decided we'd do a home-made Christmas. Which is a lovely idea but did mean whenever you spoke to any of us in December there was to lots of muttering and swearing and general stress over "bloody home-made Christmas". But as you can see from the photo above it led to a beautiful Christmas day and some of the nicest, most memorable presents I've ever given or received. And lots of sloe gin and home-made liqueur which can only be a good thing. I will post about the crocheted gifts I gave over the next few weeks but above are a selection of gifts I received. Including the most beautiful blanket from my step-sister Jennie, some jam and chutney from my Step-Mum and the bird feeder from my Dad, who had to buy a workmate to rise to the home-made challenge. The bag to the left of the picture was had stitched by my sister to keep my crochet hooks in and is one of my favourite things ever.

I had a fabulous extended Christmas this year with lovely people and food and a road trip where we sang "Driving Home for Christmas" and gifts and a second dinner at my Sister's on the 28th where I also got a beautiful decoupatched box from my Mum (which I'll post a photo of later).

This photo possibly sums it up best. Made from the muffin mix jar Jennie gave me (seen above), sprayed gold with the magic sugar spray from Santa, made in Cheltenham with my boyfriend at the second Christmas, to be given out to visiting friends and family. Joy on a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment