Friday 5 April 2013

Podcasts

I've not been very well today. Struggled through work and then wimped out of my kettlebells class.
But while lying in bed feeling sorry for myself I've been listening to some great podcasts I thought I'd share with you.

Helen and Olly

One of the first podcasts I listened to. Funny and gentle and entertaining and helped me through some serious anxiety filled sleepless nights a couple of years ago. And I want Helen to be my best Friend

The Moth

Fab storytelling from a popular US live show. If you can put up with the 2 minutes of sponsorship and adverts it's worth it

Savage Love Cast

Worth it for Dan Savage's acerbic rants in the first 10 minutes but stay with it for the sex stories and advice. Interesting, intelligent and sometimes shocking but always entertaining.

99% Invisible

The brilliantly named Roman Mars delivers beautifully crafted 10 minute stories on some of the most interesting design features you've never noticed.

The Food Programme

The most interesting half hour on the impact of the EU law on battery eggs or the spiritual implications of fasting you'll ever listen to.

Any more recommendations gratefully received.

1 comment:

  1. I listen to all of your recommendations, podcast twin! My all time favourite is Freakonomics, and I also recommend Stuff You Missed In History Class. Ooh, also This American Life. I live for podcasts *geekface*

    ReplyDelete